03 May 2010

Little Miss Snores A Lot

Poor girl.  She woke up this morning with a nasty, barking cough.  Then it returned at nap time.  And now that she's in bed for the night, it's back.  It took her over an hour to fall asleep because she just couldn't breathe.  I've been pumping her little nostrils with saline and hoping for the best.  (It's not like I can ask her to gargle saltwater to clear out all that yuck in her throat.)  I went to check on her and this is what I find.

And to make it even better: A video:
(OKAY it's 12:30am, scratch the video, it's taking too long and I WANT TO SLEEP.  Maybe the internet will be faster tomorrow and you can see this poor baby snoring.)

***It's taking forever to load pics and videos, so I've gone off to do other things.  Meanwhile, Elayna has woken up multiple times because she can't breathe or because her throat hurts.  She's got a barking cough that makes my throat hurt to just hear her.  I hope it's just allergies.  We've had some pretty crazy weather lately.  Anyway, after the numerous times I consoled her back to sleep, this last wake-up I went in and pulled her out of bed so she could lay on me while I sat upright, hoping that would help her breathe a little easier.  Once I thought she was asleep, I got up and went into the living room to watch some tv, with her still laying on me.  That lasted about 10 minutes before she was asking to go back to bed.  What kid passes up tv for bed?  Apparently mine.  Poor girl got down, marched herself straight back to the bedroom, waited patiently for me to put her back in the crib, and laid back down and tried to fall asleep.  It's already been a long night.  I hope she gets some sleep.  I hope I get some sleep.

On a different note, Mati's herself again!  More so than I can handle!  We go to the vet tomorrow for a follow up and I'm praying he gives her permission to resume her normal schedule.  Then maybe I can run the heck out of her and get some peace and quiet.  This is something I'm worrying about when we get back to WA... where on earth can she run?  There are a few back roads that I know of behind Madigan.  But it's not like I can predict if anyone will be driving down them.  Not to mention Fort Lewis has a leash law.  I take her down side country roads now, the type where there's only one house at the very end of the road and traffic is slim to none.  There's just no where I can legally do that on post.  Or even legally do that in the state.  The only solution I can think of is the dog park at Steilacoom, but then I run the risk of her being stupid around children (she's good with small ones- babies and toddlers-- not with children, especially if they have no restraint and are super psycho crazy).  We're working on it.  I have a vest I can put on her with big bold "DO NOT PET" velcro patches.  Any ideas?

ALSO, we've booked our flights back out to WA.  We fly out of Nashville early on the 19th this month and will be at Fort Lewis by noon that day.  I'm hoping we can catch an early housing appointment so we might be able to have the storage container delivered that same day.  If it works out perfectly, we won't have to stay at the lodge and start unpacking the container that day and the next.  Randy's flying out to help.  Again, this is very wishful thinking and everything has to fall into perfect place at the right time to pull that plan off.  So, we'll probably be staying at the lodge a night.

That means, Grandma, we're coming to visit.  I know yall just returned from your Caribbean cruise.  Hope you lucky ducks had fun.  I plan to call you tomorrow (well, I guess today) to schedule a good time for us to come out and stay a few nights.

Well keep Elayna in your prayers and hope she gets over this nastiness.  For both of our sakes.
WE NEED SLEEP!