23 May 2011

Our Garden

It's growing!  I'll have to post a full shot of the garden when everything's matured and yielding.  Our neighbor gave me the zucchini, which was not in the original plans.  I had originally wanted tomatoes there, but I couldn't turn them down.  I'm so excited and can't wait to have Elayna "snapping" beans.  Joy!

Here, we have zucchini on the top row and okra on the bottom.  And a green bean to the far right.


Here are all my green beans up top and squash below.  Some sprouts are way taller than others, but they're all there.  Each seed I planted is growing.

There's so much space between the two rows because that's where rainwater plummets from our rooftop.  We don't have gutters (nobody does), so the water free falls and would kill anything we plant right there.