09 August 2010

Stinky Pinkies

Before she was born I bought 2 security blankets for Elayna on the off chance she might be a blanket baby. She was. And those two blankets we dubbed "pinkies" have served her well ...and also accumulated years of nastiness. They're washed on an almost daily basis and aren't so "pink" anymore. But she loves them anyway. I've been on the search for new pinkies for quite awhile and am proud to say I found a good deal and ordered five, delivered today. See the difference between the old and new pinkies? Gross. When I handed her one to give it a "test drive" she immediately stuck in her mouth and gave me the look of "We'll see about this. You might be tricking me." (That's how she does her pinky: shove it in her mouth, pull it out, and then rub her nose with it while sucking her thumb.) New pinky passed the test so they're all in the wash and a new one will be pulled out each day so they don't get as disgusting as the old pinkies, which we still plan to use.