20 April 2010

Let's Vote

Okay, so I've hit a barrier on this whole baby-naming process.  Before the growth & development ultrasound, Ryan & I made the agreement that if it was a boy he got to pick the name and if it was a girl then I did.  Let's thank our lucky stars that it's a girl.  I'm afraid to ask which of all the testosterone-oozing, manly "cool" names Ryan had going through his head.  If this baby had been a boy, I'm sure he would've chosen something like Gunner or Ryder or Duke or who knows what else.  But since we're having a girl... our child will be blessed with a more socially acceptable name.

So that brings me to how to spell it.  I've dabbled around with Corinn, Corinne, and Corynn.  I definitely want the emphasis to be on the "IN."  So her name should be pronounced like (forgive my phonetical spelling) "kor IN" and not "KOR in" or even worse "kor INE" or Karen.  So that's why I'm leaving it up to you.  Leave me a comment with your vote on how you think the name should be spelled.  I don't like the way it looks beginning with a "K" so please keep that in mind.  And I'm thinking her middle name will be "Elise." Muchos gracias folks!