09 February 2009

Stick 'Em Up!

WAY Up! Hands! I have hands! Many of you know what a clingy baby Elayna has been since Ryan has been gone. I think his absence is the major issue, combined with her possibly teething. I can't set the child down without going temporarily deaf, in addition to watching her cry so hard that she stops breathing and begins to turn this lovely shade of CRIMSON RED. I've mentioned before how much I love Craigslist. I found this hip hammock on there for $5. Five Dollars, Folks. It looks brand new. Now that's a deal and my kind of shopping. Here we are, sporting our new hip hammock, which is so far keeping Elayna Vaye a happy little girl.

And this is what I would like to refer to as the "Butt Hammock." The instructions strongly discourage this position. Well, actually, it says, "This product should NOT: Be used to carry a baby on a user's back or front of body..." and it goes on to name all sorts of other no-nos. BUT... I think those warnings are only there for the tiny endowed. I only see her falling out if I do a handstand. I haven't done one of those in, oh, I'd say five years (since Harding). And while I'm curious to know what would happen if I even attempted one, I'll refrain.

I've been taking lots of photos and videos since Ryan's gone. He wants to know everything we're up to while he's away. (I'm telling you, this big burly man is one big softy under all that tough skin.) Here she is taking a nap... it lasted all of five minutes.

I'm at the computer. This is the ONLY time I can set her down and she doesn't squall. I guess it's because she's still right next to me?

Still fascinated with her own feet. Half the time, she's got them in her mouth.

This would be one of her many fake naps. Before Ryan left, she did this all. the. time. When you go in to check on her, she's just laying in her crib, quiet and content.













Notice the sock on the corner of her blanket. This girl is a sock Houdini. I'm sure I could probably duck tape the suckers on her and she's still manage to get 'em off.