05 February 2009

She Rolled Over!

AND I MISSED IT!

Elayna Vaye woke up this morning at 7am, like she does every day. I get up (zombie-like from staying up way too late last night) and go into her room. I didn't grab my glasses, so when I walked in there and saw this little blurry blob in her crib, my thought was, "Wait a minute. I put her at the other end of the crib. And what's that on her face?" When I got closer, I realized she was ON HER STOMACH. She lifts her head towards me with a BIG gummy smile. I absolutely love those Good-Morning-Mama-I'm-So-Happy-To-See-You grins she gives me each morning. Before Ryan left for his training, he was sad that he would miss Elayna's first "official" sit up on her own and rollover. Now I'm sad that it's actually happened, I was home, and still managed to miss it. Not to mention this means our baby is growing up. Before he left, Ryan was bound and determined to get that girl sitting on her own. She's so unbelievably close. She can kind of catch herself when she leans a little, but there's a pretty small Point of No Return and she ends up falling over... a lot. I'm very excited to be able to catch these actions on camera so I can send pictures and a letter to Ryan. I know he misses her. And me. But mostly her.