20 February 2009

My Little Monkey

I can't set this child down AND break eye contact or she acts like I've abandoned her. Desperate to get SOME work done around the house, I found time and made a mei tei. I already have front and hip carriers, but those hurt my shoulders after awhile. I figure if she's on my back, it won't hurt as much. Besides, it wasn't TOO long ago when I would haul around 20 pounds of college texts books all day long. Surely this couldn't be much different.



Photo Op for Daddy.







She's not sitting up COMPLETELY on her own. Almost, but not yet.

See that little eye peering out? While running errands, as far as I know, she's sleeping as I troll up and down aisles. That is, until some stranger says, "Oh, I see you..." They turn to me and ask, "Can she breathe with the flap over her face?" I know it's weird, but she likes something covering her face when she sleeps. Usually, it's her Pinky (the little pink security blanket).

In her clinginess (is that even a word?) and my frantic attempt to get some laundry folded, I put Elayna in the basket so she could sit with me while I fold. I may not be holding her, but at least there was eye contact... USUALLY OCCASIONALLY that's good enough.



These next pics crack me up. We were outside washing the jeep. She spent half the time in the stroller and the other half strapped to my back in the mei tei I made. I'm not sure why, but she looks like a sausage. I promise she's not really that chunky.