05 January 2009

Thomas Nelson Review

Yall know I love to read… and collect books. So I’ve recently become a Thomas Nelson Book Review Blogger. Through Thomas Nelson, I am able to both read AND collect… so it doesn’t get any better.


Although it wasn't a book, I enjoyed listening to The Word of Promise Next Generation New Testament’s audio Bible; and I was pretty skeptical to how good it would be. This version is very different to the James Earl Jones version, which I think most would agree (hands down) is the best version available. Still, The Word of Promise Next Generation was able to hold its own, specifically with characteristics that appeal to a younger population. It includes an impressively talented cast (including several celebrities: Max Lucado, Corbin Bleu, Sean Astin, and Jordan Sparks, just to name a few). Each narrator was able to use their voice in an extraordinary manner, bringing life and attention to the stories of the New Testament. I am confident in saying that this version would attract and interest new and young Christians or even those seeking to learn more about God’s Word. It is read from the International Children’s Bible version. If you work with preteens, teens, and young adults, I want to recommend this CD series as an excellent resource to include in your teaching & learning library.