19 September 2008

"How Will I Get The Luggage If I Don't Have a Name Tag?!"

Hi, it's Jessica.  Gloria's water broke last night around 7pm.  She and Ryan went to the hospital and were admitted.  It has been some what of a rough night.  They were going to give her Petocin, but her body was naturally contracting...so they have been holding off.  As of the last check this morning at 4am she was 3cm dilated and 90% effaced.  
They gave her some IV drugs and she was able to sleep for a couple of hours.  Which was a blessing.  Especially since she was saying some really loopy things that I promise will come back to haunt her later when Ryan and I tease her.  (Take for instance the title of this post.)  Ryan went home and got a little sleep too.  Hospital chairs aren't really conducive to sleep.  Now it is my turn to be relived.  I wish that the Internet would work inside the hospital.
I will update with more news as it comes.  Right now they said to plan for it to be a long day. Keep Gloria and Elayna in your prayers.  It shouldn't be too much longer.
Oh and I forgot my camera back at the hospital, but I promise lots of photos!
If anyone needs anything Renee has my cell phone number...feel free to call!