05 June 2008

they love 'em

Since our canine kiddos are going to be spending all their time outside, I bought a dog house yesterday. Both the dogs immediately took to it. If one of them isn't in it, the other one is. So I thought I would get them another one. I found the brown house on craigslist for less than 1/4 of what I would pay retail. It came with all the accessories (door and pad) too! I'm so proud of finding such a great deal. Anyway, the first two photos are before I got the second house. The last photo shows both the houses and Libby. I couldn't get both dogs to stay inside the houses for a photo. But trust me, they love them!

Here is Dax this morning, refusing to look at me... until...
... I give him a treat. Then he gives me this look like I'm bothering him. As soon as I turn my back, he grabs the treat and runs off into the grass to chew on it. He's been a little out of character, wild-like, since he's been out the past few days.
Libby & Dax LOVE their new dog houses. They went balistic when I brought the new brown one out to them. It has a door on it that Libby didn't have any problem figuring out. Dax, on the other hand, has yet to brave it. Let's hope she settles on the new brown one.

One last thing, for the past month, I've been watching hummingbirds come up to the back porch looking for food and then fly off. I guess the previous tenants put out food. Anyway, I've wanted a feeder for quite some time, and I finally got one, but it doesn't work! I took a picture to document the leakage. This is so sad. I called the manufacturer and they don't know what the problem could be but they're sending me another one. I can't wait until it arrives!