11 June 2008

he CRACKS me up

When I returned home after errands this afternoon, I gave Dax & Libby each a treat. This time, they got large, braided rawhide rings. My thought was that Dax wouldn't try to bury his treat this time since it was so big. WRONG.

I went out to check on them shortly after and I run into this. Sneezing and completely covered in dirt!

I couldn't stop laughing when I found where he'd attempted to bury the bone. All he managed to accomplish was a dirt/grass/twig covering. I suppose his instincts have been stunted from being an inside dog all these years. He never fails to fall one brick short of a load.
Here he is "guarding" it from Libby, who poked her head around the corner to see what I was laughing at. This is the stance that made Ryan & I think she looked just like the statue the other day.