15 March 2008

Quickening or Heartbeat?

Um, for all of you past or present pregos, when did you first feel the baby move? The other night, when I laid down for bed, I thought I felt my pulse but it was in my stomach-- much like after you've gone running or walking and your muscles *ping.* My stomach was *ping-ing.* So browsing the web tonight to find out when most women start to feel their babies, I found that some have described this sensation as a "flutter" or "pulse." But first-timers don't normally feel anything until about 20 weeks. I'm only 13 1/2. This is why I ask. Also, my doctor told me the baby's placenta was in the front, so that'll make it a little more difficult to first start feeling any "quickening." But I'm also that person who knows/feels when I'm ovulating because of middlesmertz. (Some people can actually feel when an egg is released. I'm not making this up! It's not exactly common; go ahead and google it.)

...So ladies... when did you first feel any movement?