08 June 2011

"I Love Him"

This is what I find as I turn the corner into the living room.  Elayna & the Ju are watching Dinosaur Train together. 

"Uh, Elayna--" (I was going to tell her she needed to take her shoes off.)

"I love him."

"... okay."

And just when I feel like this is a kodak moment, Elayna starts in on, "Shake the booty!  Shake the booty!" as she shakes him from one side to the other.  Juju is pretty patient, but at this point, he was feeling a serious need to get out of her clutches.  So I told her that she needed to let him go or she'd get scratched.  Well guess what.  She didn't want to and insisted on shaking his booty some more.  So he bit her.  Not even hard enough for me to see where.  But I'm just taking Elayna's word for it.  I heard Ju squeak, Elayna cry, and then she said he bit her.  Maybe she'll learn to let go the next time he's struggling to get away.  He's a great cat, but he can only take so much crazy.