15 December 2010

Day One, Day One!

"God made light when there was none,
Day one, day one,
God made light when there was none."

This is now Elayna's favorite song to sing.  She tries to go through all the lyrics but can't remember them.  And of course I can't either without sneaking a peek at google.  She's obsessed with turning lights on and off and telling me about light and dark and how God made light.

When I realized what she was doing by flickering all the light switches in the house, I started playing along and asked "Who made the light?"  And she replied, "Debbie."  Debbie is her Bible class teacher.

"Yes, Ms. Debbie turns the light on and off in your classroom.  Who makes light?"
"Dod."  YAY!  I'm so happy with how much she's learning and sharing.  I know I may be a little biased, but I think she's the smartest little girl out there!

Elayna's also pointing out all the colors she sees.  Ev-ry-where. She currently knows: blue, purple, green, red, orange, yellow, pink, brown, and black.  My favorite is her "blue sky."  She exclaims how the sky is blue each  time she sees it.  I'm talking it's as if she's seen the sky for the first time ever and it's blue.  But sometimes it's a "pink sky."  And she gets just as excited at a pink sky too.  So she's already been introduced to "sky blue pink."  (You would've had to been in our high school french class to get that one.)

And she counts EVERYTHING.  The apples in our fruit basket.  Or the 1-2-3 "banans" hanging above the 1-2-3-4 apples.  (Diane, she's already bilingual!)

And Cora Lise.  Well, she cries a lot.  But now it's not an "I'm gonna die" cry every time she needs something.  We're starting to distinguish "diaper change" cries from "hungry" and "tired."  Thank goodness.  And boy does this girl smile.  I love being greeted with a gummy grin when I pick her up.  I'm kinda jealous because Ryan gets WAY more smiles than I do.  Even Elayna gets a lot of smiles.

Cora's following her sister's lead by trying to be the biggest baby out there.  At 2 1/2 months of age, she's already wearing some 9 month outfits.  I have strangers cooing over her and then asking, "Is she five... six months old?" Oh my my.  And don't get me started on her hair.  The girl really could be the last of the Mohicans with her permanent mohawk.  It will not stay down.  And now that her hair is thinning away in the back and on the sides, it's even more exaggerated.  Someone send me a feather.

Oh wow, this was supposed to be a real quick post.  But I love my girls and just had to share!  Enjoy the rest of your day!