03 June 2010

Little Bit

Grandmother showed up today on her horse, Little Bit.  Of course we had to let Elayna ride.  To say she loves horses is an understatement.  This girl lives horses.  Breathes horses.  Dreams horses.  I doubt it will be much longer before she has her own.  Seriously.

She's constantly straddling Mati and yelling "giddy up!"    (and I'm sure Elayna's the only one Mati would let do that too.  She's very partial to our EV.)  Or she'll climb on me while I'm down, grab a handful of my shorts and start bouncing around like she's riding a horse.  She's got an overstuffed husky that she drags around the house and then will climb on periodically, and again proceed with the bouncing.  And don't get me started on her toy horses.  I carry a few small ones in my purse so I can whip one out wherever we are.  She's got a nostalgic bouncy horse at her grandparents that she's always wanting to ride.

Good grief.

So here she is with Grandmother and Little Bit.  This was her first official ride.  Every other time she's been on a horse has been in an arena, where we're not doing much but leading the horse around while Elayna sits on someone's lap.  Today's ride was about 20 minutes, she got to hold her own "rein" (it was an extra rope on the reins, she had no control over the horse), and Renee took her around the yard and through the fields around the house.  Elayna LOVED it and threw a holy tantrum when she had to get off.