13 May 2010

Mati Tag

This is the tag I've created for Mati's crate when we fly back out to WA.  I've blurred out the sensitive info, but trust me it's there.  We've only flown with our dogs once and there aren't many templates out there for pet travel safety tags.  I don't want her to end up in Canada or lost or something, so I want to be as precise as possible.  I already ordered her a collar tag to be sure she was clearly labeled just in case something should happen.

*** By the way.  If you're considering ordering a pet ID tag online, DO NOT USE Terrificpets.com.  I ordered tags for Mati & Juju just before we left WA and they're "engraving" was actually "laser printed" on a stainless steel tag, read the small font.  Needless to say, half the tag was unreadable out of the envelope due to tape wiping off half the info as it was stuck to my receipt.  They didn't last 6 months.  Mati's tag was completely illegible by Christmas because her rabies tag rubbed the remaining ink right off.  When I called customer service, they told me they won't replace it and I'd have to order a new set.  Bogus.  So I did a little research this time and decided to order from Boomerangtags.com.  CHECK THEM OUT.  They too will double-engrave (put info on both sides of the tag) and cost me only $2 more per tag than stupid Terrificpets.  PLUS, they guarantee their product for the lifetime of your pet.  I ordered a stainless steel tag for Mati and a plastic one for Juju.  (Plastics are only guaranteed 2 years, but will be replaced with stainless steel if broken.  But let me tell you, I seriously doubt anything could hurt this thing.  It's about the size and thickness of a nickel.)  So that was my soap box for today.  I should've taken pics of the before and after tags.  You'd be amazed at the difference in quality.  I am.***

Anyway, for those of you who frequently check pets as baggage or cargo, are there any modifications you would make to this tag?  Oh, I am going to put on there that she's microchipped.

And then of course there'll be the big "Live Animal, This End Up" stickers on her crate as well.  I made my own, but it very closely resembles this: