18 December 2009

Wide Eyed but Not So Bushy Tailed

It's going on 2:30am.  Why am I so wide awake?  Ryan called two and a half hours ago to say he was coming home.  Leave was moved from April to this weekend.  That's right!  *victory dance* YAY!!!!!!!

However, I wish Ryan's visit would be under better circumstances.  His grandfather's health is failing fast and the doctors have only given him a few days to live.  Please please pray for peace and also for the family.

Now that's all I can think about.  I'm so excited he's coming home, but then I feel guilty that the only reason he even gets to come home early is because Papa's dying.  And I've been laying in bed the past two hours thinking about how the next two weeks will be.  Also thinking about how we didn't budget for him to be home this weekend... and I'm nowhere near losing those twenty pounds. Okay, you caught me.  Thirty.  But mostly I'm just so excited my mind won't stop doing cartwheels.  (That's right.  My mind is doing the acrobatics b/c my body is stuck at 2:30am.)  More yay!  Elayna gets to see her Daddy and that, my friends, is what gives me the warm fuzzy feeling this holiday season.

Okay... I'm crashing.  Gloria out.