14 February 2009

Target Buffoon

Yall, seriously, this is completely out of the blue. She started this "mamama" business a few days before the video was taken. I've never "coached" her to try to say anything, assuming she was just too young. Besides, we're working on signing before verbalizing. That doesn't stop Ryan & I from trying to get her to say things like, "Tell Mama to do the dishes." To which I respond, "Elayna, tell Daddy to clean up his own mess." Things like that. We never really expect her to mimick us.

Mwahaha! Now I'm wondering what can I get her to say before Ryan comes home. Any ideas?

Elayna & I took the dogs to town today. They got to run around the dog park and check out Petsmart. Afterwards, we humans trolled up and down every aisle Target has to offer. After about an hour, Elayna started to get fussy. So what does a desperate, -WINDOW- shopping mother do? Act like a lunatic, mirror babbled nonsense and make faces like some crazy lady to keep my small child entertained enough to prevent the meltdown that's bound to happen if I break eye contact.

Oh, okay. So here's a great poll. WOULD YOU RATHER see a mother make a fool of herself OR listen to a screaming baby? (I don't know, folks. To me, they're both equally annoying.)