19 January 2009

Capitol Hill

Doesn't everyone start singing this song in their head whenever they hear "Capitol Hill?" I'm just a bill. Yes, I'm only a bill. And I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill.

I forgot to mention an awesome event that resulted from the horrid travel attempt to get home over Christmas. When Kara picked us up from Reagan Airport, she gave us the coolest tour of Washington DC we could've asked for. We got to see and learn about all sorts of national and local monuments, buildings, and attractions. I can't even tell you how "wickedly sick" it was! (Thanks to one of my birthmoms, that phrase is now part of my vocabulary.) And since it was at night, all the buildings were lit up. The city was gorgeous. I wish I would've thought to take pictures. Especially of the Secret Service hottie who waved at us. So anyway, I couldn't believe this part of our travels was left out of the post earlier. It was definitely a highlight of our Christmas vacation.