23 August 2008

Too Much Information

I understand this is "TMI," but I can't contain my excitement. At the last doctor's appointment, Ryan & I got to see little miss Elayna Vaye via ultrasound. Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures. But the great news is that she's turned! Head down is one step closer to baby being born! YAY! And this Tuesday begins my weekly appointments... I hope I get the doctor I like.

Madigan Army Medical Center is a teaching hospital. Instead of being assigned to one particular doctor, I'm assigned to the Jade team, which has five or six. I've seen each doctor on my team and there's only one I like. Dr. Paymaster. (Sounds like a movie title or something.) Anyway, he's the only one who doesn't treat me like cattle-- something to be seen, measured, poked, prodded, and then rushed out the door. In fact, my last visit was with him and we had to wait over an hour past our scheduled appointment time. This'll shock so many of you, but I didn't care! I knew I would get the same special treatment. Dr. Paymaster actually takes the time to inform and educate me on how pregnancy works and what's happening (or will happen) to my body. He gladly provides detailed answers to any question I have. He's the only one so far that demonstrates a desire to provide excellent care to his patients. Go Dr. Paymaster! You ROCK. So keep your fingers crossed that Elayna's ready to come SOON and that Dr. Paymaster is the doctor on call to deliver her.