26 July 2008

So I was wrong...

... there ARE gentlemen in the Northwest, who will open doors and help you load six big bags of mulch into the back of your jeep. It's just too bad they have to be imported from Africa!

I think I might be nesting... except my version so far has been the outside of the house. Here's the lowdown: Everyone's lawn is dead, especially after Housing sprayed the neighborhood for weeds (and apparently grass). The only lawns that survived the genocide belonged to those who were prepared and immediately washed the chemicals off into the road as soon as the maintenance dudes left. SO I've been watering our lawn in an attempt to revive it... and it's working! While the yard is looking better, I decided to plant a fourth rose bush to complete the "set" beneath my kitchen windows. I moved one wispy-type bush and planted a hydrangea in its place. And then mulched and mulched. By the time I was finished, it was dark out and the pictures I took look absolutely hideous. I'll have to take more and post them tomorrow. Then all yall can give me suggestions on what else can be done to help the yard look nicer.