16 May 2008

oh sew easy

Do you ever get in those sew-y moods? Jess has been breaking in her new sewing machine and I've been making things for little Elayna. (Yes, that's right, we've finally decided how to spell her name.) Our congregation back home participates in a ministry to help clothe little girls in Africa. The dresses are oober easy to make and really cute too. Anyway, I made one for Elayna and Jess has been making them for Mabry.

Here's an update to the curtains I hung. I'm still working on the coordinating bedding set.

Since it doesn't rain much at all anymore, the dogs have been spending MUCH more time outside. Libby, I think, would prefer if we never let her in. Dax, on the other hand, can't stand to be apart from us for very long. But here she is, gettin her tan on. (Dax was laying against the back door, waiting for me to come let him in.)

Oh another note, I received a call from Bethany Christian Services, an adoption agency here in the Northwest. I have an interview with the Director on the 20th and I'm very excited. The position is for a Part-time Birth Parent Counselor. Please keep your fingers crossed that I get the job! I've been desperately searching for a part-time position where I can still use my degree while working throughout (and possibly even after) the pregnancy.