05 December 2007

homeowners' association

Generally, I am opposed to homeowners' associations. They do not allow enough individuality and creativity for its residents. However, there ARE exceptions. As you are well aware, one of our neighbors completely decked out his front lawn for Halloween. It's a fairly common holiday, but I wouldn't call it the most celebrated. Which is why, Cheri you'll agree, there was some serious fear and anticipation for this year's Christmas season. Anyway, allow me refresh your memory. (I also want to inform you that it took nearly a week to get the yard looking this... what are the words I'm looking for?... accumulated with miscellaneous objects.)

Folks, this is DAY ONE of Christmas decorations. We still have six more days of lights and decorations coming our way, literally. Please pray for this community that we do not suffer from a power outage or electrical fires because of the many many lights.

Okay, on a completely different note, Jess & Mabry come home tonight! YAY!!! The past three weeks has been nearly too long. This means that Lucy, dictator of all fun and toys, will also be returning home. I can't tell you how excited our pets are that they won't be harrassed day in and day out... Whatever. I'm sure they'll miss her rushing to wake them up in the mornings, stealing their food and toys, ambushing them at every corner, wrestling for championship titles, and snoring so loudly at night that nobody gets any sleep. Good times.

I won't be able to post on the blog for awhile since our computer officially died again. I've been posting like mad the past few days because Jess has been generous enough to loan her laptop to us while she was away.

And just so everyone's aware, Ryan & I are going home for Christmas. We'll be in Melber from the 24th until the 31st.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!