11 August 2007

Banner Day

Jess and I attended Fort Lewis's Banner Day for the 4th Battalion 23rd Infantry. One of the main events was Combatatives. We were able to see just what our Army's men can do. There were certain rules. A few of them were that you weren't allowed to stand in the ring; no eye-gouging, ear-pulling, or nose-yanking; and you had to stay within the taped area. I'm sure there were other rules that I'm not aware of.


This is a bunch of random guys.

Dan's on the top. This shot was taken JUST before one of his own men accidentally pulled him off an opponent who had pinned a third member of their team.

More random guys.

This is a video of the "Combatatives Battle Royale" as Jess puts it.

And these were the prettiest girls at Banner Day.

Here's the Stryker that was on display. (We weren't allowed to take any photographs of the interior. So you can't see me sprawled over a little girl who was HOGGING the driver's seat. She only let me borrow the helmet if I promised I would give it right back. You can see her grubby little hands next to mine.)

For some bizarre reason, all the little boys in Washington have mohawks. I'm not kidding when I say all of them.